A vegan diet offers many health benefits, but a vegan diet doesn’t offer all the vitamins and nutrients a person needs each day. While a plant-based diet offers the best way to gain many vitamins and minerals you need, a vegan vitamin supplement like those from Vie provides a single source for vegans to get their complete dose of daily recommended vitamins and minerals.
In a convenient, single-use packet, anyone looking to improve their health can mix the vitamin powder from Vie into their water to get their daily dose of vitamins and minerals. Whether you follow a plant-based diet or just want to boost your immunity, anyone can benefit from taking vegan vitamins.
Aren’t Vegan Diets Healthy Diets?
Vegan diets certainly provide many health benefits. Although not all vegan diets represent healthy choices, a traditional plant-based diet, rich in fresh fruits and vegetables and grains and low in processed foods and sugars, offers the following benefits:
- Lower blood sugar: Whether you have type 2 diabetes or not, you can improve your health with plant-based choices. Although not a cure for diabetes, a vegan diet helps lower blood sugar levels, and even if you don’t have diabetes, you can feel the benefits of more stable blood sugar levels.
- Lower risk of cancer: Because vegans eat more plant-based foods, they typically eat healthier foods that lower their risk of certain cancers. The lack of meat in the vegan diet also contributes to a reduced risk of cancer.
- Lower risk of heart disease: The amount of fruits, vegetables, fiber, and legumes eaten by vegans help lower your risk of heart disease. The lower levels of cholesterol resulting from this type of diet lower your risk even further.
- Reduced inflammation: Those following a vegan diet have reported reduced inflammation responsible for joint pain, asthma flare-ups, and abdominal upset.
Although vegan diets provide a healthy choice complete with health benefits, some vitamins and minerals cannot be ingested from plants. So a vegan supplement, such as Vie, offers a single source for vegans to ensure they get their daily recommended dose of vitamins and minerals.
Why Should Vegans Take Vitamins?
Vegan diets provide a variety of nutrient-rich fruits and vegetables in addition to grains and legumes, and vegans can stay well-nourished eating these plant-based foods. However, the vegan diet lacks some nutrients that can’t be found in plants.
Vegans and nonvegans alike should be mindful of what nutrients they do or don’t get through their diets. So if you want to be sure you include your daily dose of recommended vitamins and minerals, you can use one packet of Vie’s plant-based vitamin powder to supplement your diet.
Vegan diets lack some vital nutrients not found in plants, including:
- Vitamin B-12: Since B-12 can’t be found in plant foods, you may see some vegan foods listed as “fortified” because B-12 gets added to them. This crucial vitamin can be found in the bacteria in the soil, which livestock usually ingest while grazing. However, because most livestock doesn’t graze anymore, nonvegans don’t get B-12 from natural sources. Animals get injected with B-12 to ensure their meat is fortified with this essential vitamin.
So vegans and nonvegans need a supplement of some sort to get their dose of this important vitamin. Vitamin B-12 helps form red blood cells, metabolize proteins, and supports your nervous system. In addition, B-12 helps maintain a healthy stomach and pancreas as well as bowel function.
- Omega-3 fatty acids: Omega-3 fatty acids offer a healthy source of fat, and some omega-3 fatty acids can be found in a vegan diet. In addition, some omega-3 fatty acids must come from our diets because our bodies don’t make them, and many supplements use fish or fish oil to supply omega-3s.
Like B-12, omega-3 fatty acids offer essential health benefits, such as supporting brain health and lowering the risk of heart disease and rheumatoid arthritis. Everyone seeking a health benefit from their supplement should find one that includes omega-3 fatty acids. And vegans should be sure that the omega-3s come from a plant-based source. Vie uses flaxseed as the plant-based source for its omega-3s.
- Vitamin D: The body makes Vitamin D when exposed to sunlight for a few hours each day. However, because of sunscreen and Western lifestyles of remaining indoors for long workdays, many people struggle to get their appropriate dose of Vitamin D.
Because no plant-based foods contain Vitamin D, vegans need a supplement to get this vitamin. Even nonvegans need a vitamin supplement to take in adequate amounts of Vitamin D. Some dairy foods and cereals come fortified with Vitamin D, but people may have a difficult time eating enough of these foods each day to get an adequate dose.
Vitamin D supports the immune system and helps your body absorb other important nutrients, such as calcium and phosphorous. Thus, Vitamin D supports your bone and teeth health as well. Anyone looking to boost their health through vitamin supplements needs to ensure they get the recommended amount of Vitamin D in their supplement.
- Zinc: An important mineral for all diets, vegans often have to supplement their diet with fortified foods or supplements to get adequate amounts of zinc. Zinc offers support to your immune system, protein and DNA production, and wound healing. When shopping for vegan vitamin supplements, check for one that includes zinc to ensure you get its immune-boosting benefits.
Although vegans aren’t the only people who should take vitamin supplements, vegans typically know they need specific nutrients in supplement form because they’re already mindful of what they’re putting in their bodies.
Vegans understand that plant-based diets lack certain vitamins and minerals and know that the best way to get their daily dose of vitamins and minerals can be to use just one packet of vitamin powder from Vie. Available in three delicious flavors, you simply mix the powder into water, and anyone, vegan or not, can reap the health-building benefits of a quality vegan vitamin supplement.
Aren’t All Vitamins Plant-Based Vitamins?
Anyone can take supplements if they want to ensure they get their recommended daily dose of vitamins and minerals. Regardless of your diet, if you want to make choices that offer the best health and immunity benefits for your body, you may discover that narrowing down your supplement choices to vegan supplements is a good start.
Although you may assume that all vitamins contain natural ingredients, many contain animal products, and many vegans and nonvegans might be shocked to discover these nonvegan additions in their supplements:
- Gelatin: Manufacturers often use gelatin, which is derived from the bones, tendons, and ligaments of animals, as stiffening agents for vitamin capsules.
- Fish liver or fish liver oil: To include omega-3 fatty acids or Vitamin D, some supplements rely on animal sources, such as fish liver or fish liver oil.
- Glycerin: Sometimes sourced from animal fats, glycerin adds sweetness to supplements.
- Caprylic acid: Often sourced from dairy, caprylic acid gets used as a coating or filling for supplements.
Vegans looking to supplement their diet so that they include all necessary, essential vitamins and minerals should be sure to find vegan supplements, like Vie’s vitamin powder. Doing so ensures they don’t add unnecessary animal products unknowingly to their diet.
Vegans may have healthy diets, compared to a typical Western diet high in processed foods and sugar, but those plant-based diets don’t make vegans immune to lower levels of essential vitamins and minerals. Vitamin powder from Vie offers the best delivery of your recommended daily dose of vitamins and minerals. Just one single-use packet offers what you need to fully supplement your healthy plant-based diet.
Even if you’re not vegan, choosing a vegan vitamin supplement like Vie ensures that you get the best ingredients possible in your vitamin powder. With Vie, you can be sure you get a plant-based supplement with no unhealthy additives, such as sugar. Boost your health and immunity by using the delicious vitamin powder from Vie to supplement your diet each day.